Kemnal Manor 1871
The map here, taken from the 1871 Sales Particulars shows the extent of the Kemnal Estate (except for Partridge Shaw, a small copse to the east of the estate). We have identified the different parts of the Estate from older maps. Note particularly where the original house had been, down by the stream. The new Kemnal Road was to be built following the footpath to the south, but the northern part of the road was to be newly created running along the western boundary of Great Bushey Leas.